Monday, April 23, 2012

Walking in the rain



Yesterday, I wasn’t entirely sure what to do with myself, so I grabbed my camera and went for a walk even though it was pouring with rain, it was misty and the wind seemed to have a bitter iciness to it. I decided it may perhaps make for good photographic opportunities, and I wasn’t disappointed.

I walked for about half an hour under the shelter of my umbrella when rain stopped, as if someone had cut the clouds with a knife. As is stereotypical of April, there has been what seems as an endless mist of rain for the past week so it was nice to have a break from donning a coat everywhere I go.

The mist was just starting to come back when I noticed the droplets of rain on some of the branches of this dead tree. I think using the macro lens paid off, as every time I look at this picture I notice something different. The most recent piece of detail was spotted by Mat, if you look closely at the droplets you can see the tree behind through the water.

I do miss the sunshine, but I love the odd dramatic photography opportunity,

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment